For inspiring stories and perspectives from people all across India, read the entire newsletter.
Please click here.
Kalpavriksh is looking for a professional with a strong background in social media handling who can strategize, plan and deliver creative, engaging and impactful content of Kalpavriksh and its work on all platforms viz digital and print.
The individual will also be responsive to current affairs and developments that could be linked to different theme’s work of Kalpavriksh.
- To strategize and brainstorm communications aspects of other themes and processes of Kalpavriksh
- Manage social media pages of all the themes within Kalpavriksh (conservation and livelihoods, alternatives, environment education)
- Design and curate creative outputs for Kalpavriksh (website, social media handles etc.)
- Post messages for book announcements, book events, special sales
- Understand and simplify research reports, policy briefs etc. and for wider dissemination through various channels
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with tools such as Canva, MS Office
Candidates who are willing to work out of Pune would be preferred
To apply, please email your resume alongside a cover letter at [email protected] , with the subject line “Communications Associate”.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Vikalp Sangam September 2022 Newsletter is out!
Click here to read the entire newslettter.
‘Chitty, A Dog and Her Forest Farm’ shortlisted for Mehlli Gobhai Children’s Book Illustrator Award 2022!
1. Critters around our homes by Sanjay Sondhi
2. People and Wildlife by Tanya Majmudar and Sujatha Padmanabhan
3. Saving the Dalai Lama’s Cranes by Neeraj Vagholikar
To order, do visit https://kalpavriksh.org/our-store/
Wonderful to see The Poop Book introduced in Marathi – do watch this 5-minute YouTube video with its clear and fun narration, made by Nisargabhaan, an environmental group based in Nasik. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9g48P9gLI&t=89s
सृष्टी पुस्तक परिचयमाला | The Poop Book | Kalpavriksh India
निसर्ग व पर्यावरण या साहित्य प्रकारातल्या सामान्यतः दुर्लक्षित विषयाची ओळख वाचकांना व्हावी यासाठी अशा पुस्तकांचा परिचय करून देणारा निसर्गभान चा “सृष्टी पुस्तक परिचयमाला” हा उपक्रम आहे. या पुस्तक परिचयमालेद्वारे कीटक, प्राणी, पक्षी, जलचर, सरीसुर्प, वृक्ष अशा निसर्गातील अद्भुत गणगोतांची जशी ओळख करून दिली जाते तशीच पर्यावरण, मनुष्य आणि निसर्ग यातील अंतरसंबंध उलगडून दाखवणाऱ्या पुस्तकांचाही या मालेमध्ये समावेश केला गेला आहे. अशा विस्तृत पटात गुंफल्या जात असलेल्या या पुस्तक परिचयमालेचे एक आवर्तन पूर्ण झाले असतांना या भागापासून आता थोडा बदल केला गेला आहे. ज्या बालदोस्तांच्या व युवा पिढीच्या हाती आपण आपली वसुंधरा सोपवणार आहोत त्यांना विविधतेने नटलेल्या या अद्भुत विश्वाची ओळख करून देण्यासाठी या मालेमध्ये यापुढे कधी गोष्टीरूपाने तर कधी माहितीपूर्ण पुस्तकांमधून भेटणाऱ्या निसर्ग आणि पर्यावरणाची ओळख आता दर महिन्याला करून दिली जाणार आहे. सृष्टीतील विविध घटकांविषयी उलगडणाऱ्या या नात्यातून न जाणो कदाचित आपल्याला आज भेडसावणाऱ्या पर्यावरणीय प्रश्नांच्या विळख्यातून सुटण्याचा मार्गही गवसेल…टीम निसर्गभान
Get a comprehensive view of conservation and protected area management issues from across India
News, information and perspective collated from 25 years of publishing the Protected Area Update.
- 1) Conservation Kaleidoscope: People, Protected Areas and Wildlife in Contemporary India, 2021, 450 pp, 140 line drawings., Price: 650
- 2) The State of Wildlife and Protected Areas in Maharashtra: News and Information from the Protected Area Update 1996-2015, 2019. 250 pp, 100 line drawings, Price: Rs. 400
- 3) The State of Wildlife in North-East India 1996-2011: A compilation of news from the Protected Area Update, 2013, 330 pp, 100 line drawings, Price: Rs. 300
The set of 3 available for a special discounted price of Rs. 1000
For more details and to order copies, pls write to [email protected]
Julley! We are excited to announce a play staged by Gillo Repertory Theatre, based on one of our children’s books ‘The Ghost of the Mountains’.
Join Gillo Repertory Theatre at the staging of *THE GHOST OF THE MOUNTAINS* A story from Ladakh
Based on a book by Sujatha Padmanabhan Directed by Shaili Sathyu Performed by Ritul, Barkha, Jigna, Afsana, Saurabh, Preeti & Manoj
5th and 6th May, 4pm & 7pm PRITHVI, Juhu https://in.bookmyshow.com/…/the-ghost-of-the…/ET00326735
7th May, 4pm NCPA, Nariman Point https://summerfiesta.ncpamumbai.com/the-ghost-of-the…/
Follow us at http://www.instagram.com/gillogilehri
Please see the brochure attached for more details.
Understanding 30/30 Conservation Target under the Post 2020 Global Biodiversity Framework And Other Effective Area Based Conservation Measures (OECMs) in the context of India
Parties to the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) are currently negotiating the text of the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework, which is expected to be adopted at the 15th meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP15) currently planned to be held at Kunming, China, from 25 April-8 May 2022. The current draft of the framework includes a 2050 Vision, 2030 Goals, Milestones, and Action Targets.
Date and Time of the Webinar: 12th February 2022, 6:30pm IST
Registration Link: https://bit.ly/oecms
In this Webinar we will try and understand the following significant and most contentious of the 20 targets under negotiation:
- What is Target 3, commonly known as the ’30 by 30’ target, what could be its implications and what are the current global debates about it, particularly in the context of the indigenous peoples and local communities.
- Target 3 is expected to be achieved through protected areas (PAs) and other effective area-based conservation measures (OECMs). What are OECMs? How are they different from PAs? How are they to be declared? Who declares them? Status of National Guidelines on OECMs and status of declaration of OECMs in India? What would be the implications for conservation laws and policies in India?
A children’s event…
Based on a true story, this is a memoir about Chitty, a free-spirited dog living on a forest farm in the Western Ghats. Meet the author and illustrator in an interactive session as they talk about the making of this magical, wonderful book.
Who: 10 years and above
When: Sat, 29th Jan, 4pm (IST)
Zoom Link: cute.ly/chitty
Watch Live: https://www.facebook.com/kathamehfil
Whatsapp Contact: 9820229003 (Vaishali)
You will need drawing paper and crayons
Buy your copy of the book at Our Store
The recently proposed Biological Diversity (Amendment) Bill 2021 aims to dilute the vision and mission of the Biological Diversity Act 2002 (BDA 2002). If approved by the parliament, the amendments will render the BDA 2002 weak and powerless against the threats of bio-piracy and will make India’s rich biological resources that have sustained forest dwelling communities for generations open to exploitation.
Join us for a discussion to understand the draft Biological Diversity (Amendment) Bill 2021 and its implication on India’s biodiversity, trade in biological resources and the communities that depend on it.
SPEAKERS: Ritwick Dutta, Environmental Lawyer, Legal Initiative for Forests and Environment (followed by discussions with the speaker).
DATE: 25th January 2022
TIME: 4:30pm to 6:00pm