Have ever wondered which bird chirped at your window? Does the dainty butterfly that flits by, tickle your curiosity? Does the slithering snake cause you to quiver, just that little bit? Have you ever marveled about the flower splashes your city red? If so, the Doon Watch Nature Series is for you.
Published in the Hindustan Times, the Doon Watch Series, written by Sanjay Sondhi, a Dehradun based naturalist, attempts to bring the sights and sounds of nature to your doorstep. Though largely focussed on the city of Dehradun and surrounds, many of these beautiful creatures can be seen throughout India.
- Doon watch Series 2016
- Doon watch Series 2015
- Doon Watch Series 2014
- Doon Watch Series 2013
- Doon Watch Series 2012
- Doon Watch Series 2011
- Doon Watch Series 2010
- Doon Watch Series 2009
- Doon Watch Series 2008
We are pleased to announce the release of the new book "Butterflies and Moths of Pakke Tiger Reserve" (Back cover) authored by Krushnamegh and Sanjay Sondhi
This book, Butterflies and Moths of Pakke Tiger Reserve covers 379 butterfly species and 83 moth species from Northeast India. This is the 2nd book in the Northeast India Natural History Series (the first being the Butterflies of the Garo Hills). This series seeks to popularise the biodiversity of Northeast India with a view to promote community-based eco-tourism, and thereby, incentivize local communities to protect their forest habitats and to support conservation action. Since 2007 we have been surveying butterfly and moth fauna of Pakke Tiger Reserve in western Arunachal Pradesh, which is part of the globally recognized Himalaya Biodiversity Hotspot. This book is a product of intensive surveys in and around this protected area. It has been published with generous and full funding from the Forest Department, Government of Arunachal Pradesh. This book is published on a not-for-profit basis, and the publishers and authors will not receive any commercial benefit from its proceeds.
The contributory proceeds from this book will go entirely to the Pakke Tiger Conservation Foundation for the welfare of the forest department staff and local communities involved in the conservation efforts at Pakke.
You can find out how to get the book at http://biodiversitylab.org/butterflies-and-moths-of-pakke-tiger-reserve.
Miscellaneous Environmental Info & Articles by Sanjay Sondhi
- OLCB Inter School Event on 21 April 2011 in order to celebrate Earth Day. More than 250 school children from 12 schools participated in creating awareness about the risks of using plastic bags and the advantages of the alternatives. The OLCB event built on the One Lakh Cloth Bag (OLCB) campaign held last year on Earth Day.
- Garo Hills Story:Home of A-chik Mande: Sanctuary, Dec 2010
- LiveMint: Winged Fairies
Down to Earth by Sanjay Sondhi
- Am I a Junglee? Dec 31, 2013
- The Monkey Catcher: Aug 15 2011
- Watch out for these Balloons: Apr 15 2011
- The Sleepy Saw Scaled Viper: Mar 15 2011
- The World of six-legged creatures: Feb 15 2011
- Winter Visitor to a Cold Land: Jan 31 2011
Green Teacher by Sanjay Sondhi