- Learning Workshop on Community Forest Rights, Organized by Vasundhara and Kalpavriksh 2- 4 November 2012, CYSD, Bhubaneswar
- Comments on Draft Protocol on Relocation from Critical Tiger Habitats
- National Workshop on Community Forest Rights: Issues and Recommendations
- Conservation & Rights in India- Are we moving towards any kind of Harmony?
- Critical Wildlife Habitats under FRA
- Letter sent to MoEF raising concerns about MoEF circular of 2013 exempting linear projects from gram sabha consent under FRA and demanding its withdrawalLatest!
- Letter sent to MoTA raising concerns about MoEF circular of 2013 exempting linear projects from gram sabha consent under FRA Latest!
- Open Letter to PMO on 24-01-13: Gram Sabha's voice in forest clearance needs to be strengthened, not diluted Latest!
- Comments on Indian Forest Act Amendment Bill (2012), submitted to Rajya Sabha Committee on May 9, 2012
- Letter to MoTA regarding amendments in Forest Rights Act, submitted on May 2, 2012
- Comments on draft recommendations of Working Group on Denotified and nomadic tribes, November 2011
- Letter to MoTA regarding written certificates for forest diversion, 23 September 2011
- The Forest Rights Act and Large Developmental Projects, July 2009
- A Letter with respect to FRAs and CCAs, April 2008
- Comments on the BNHS et al petition against the FRA, March 2008
- A Letter to Hon. CM, Andhra Pradesh, Clearing of Forests in Kawal Sanctuary, Oct 2007
- A Letter to Hon. CM, Madhya Pradesh, Regarding Reva Firing, April 2007
- Countering Coal? A joint report by Kalpavriksh and Greenpeace on coal mining and FRA Oct 2012
- A National Report on Community Forest Rights Under Forest Rights Act: Status and Issues Published in June 2012 By Vasundhara and Kalpavriksh, in collaboration with Oxfam Edited by Shiba Desor
An output of the Community Forest Rights Learning and Advocacy Progress. The report is an output of a national learning and advocacy process (CFR-LA) on community forest rights and is prepared with inputs received from groups and organizations from different states of India. The report shares information on the status of claims and recognition of community forest rights, various initiatives taken by communities and civil society organizations (particularly focusing on the states of Mahasrahtra, Odisha and Karnataka), key issues of implementation, and recommendations from the groups for better implementation of CFR provisions.
We expect that the report will contribute towards greater learning and understanding at different levels on the process and initiatives on community forest rights. We also expect the issues and recommendations shared in the report would be taken up by concerned networks and groups with the central and state governments.
- Forests, Rights and Conservation: This paper (July 2009) attempts to assess:
- the implications of the FRA for conservation and people’s rights andlivelihoods,
- the ways in which different actors have shaped the FRA, including the extent to which tribal peoples have been involved, and
- the problems and prospects of the FRA’s implementation.
- Forest Rights Rules (2007) Do Little for Forest-Dwellers or Forests!: Feb 2008
- Submission regarding the Draft Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest-Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Rules 2007 : July 2007
- Recommendations for Rules, THE SCHEDULED TRIBES AND OTHER FOREST-DWELLERS (RECOGNITION OF FOREST RIGHTS) ACT 2006: (as discussed at the Future of Conservation network meetings on 10th and 17th March, 2007, and endorsed by the individuals and organizations) Submitted to the Rules Committee: 20 April. 2007
- Kalpavriksh Position and Recommendations, THE SCHEDULED TRIBES AND OTHER FOREST-DWELLERS (RECOGNITION OF FOREST RIGHTS) ACT 2006::Critical amendments, clear rules and assessment period needed: March 2007
- Comments on the Joint Committee Report on 'The Scheduled Tribes (Recognition of Forest Rights) Bill 2005: June 2006
Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) & Ministry of Tribal Affairs(MoTA) Joint Committee:
- Director General Forests comments on Committee report NEW
- Press note on response of Committee members to Director General Forests comments NEW
- Response of Committee members to Director General Forests comments NEW
- Final Report of the MoEF-MoTA Committee on Forest Rights Act (FRA), Dec 2010
- FRA Report - Alternative Summary & Conclusions
- Report of Committee on POSCO project area
Reconstituted Committee:Proposed Revisions to the Terms of Reference of MoEF notification dated 11 Feb 2010